Zeolite 1-2.5 mm / 3kg
is a natural and unrivaled agent for beautiful green color and balanced grass growth. Zeolite has the ability to store water and nutrients preventing them from leaching out of the soil, while gradually releasing them to the plants when they need them. By absorbing water, it prevents the top layer of soil from drying out.
fraction: min 1-2.5 mm
Zeolite is a natural mineral with unique physical properties due to its crystal structure. It was formed from volcanic ash exposed to high pressures and temperatures. The name itself comes from the Greek dzeo = to boil (boil), zein = to boil and lithos = stone (rock), meaning “boiling stones” – this term was introduced in 1765 by the Swedish mineralogist Freiherr Axel von Cronstedt, referring to the secretion of large amounts of water by some minerals – when heated, the water they contain “boils – foams” while covering the surface with bubbles.
Zeolites are crystalline, hydrated aluminosilicates of such metals as, primarily: Ca, Mg, Na, K, Sr and Ba. Zeolites are distinguished by a number of unique physico-chemical characteristics, among which it is worth mentioning: high adsorption capacity, molecular-sit capacity, selectivity, ion-exchange capacity, resistance to elevated temperatures and acids.
Average estimates indicate that the use of natural zeolites in the world is about 3.6 megatons per year. They occur in voids and fractures of alkaline magmatic rocks, mainly in alkaline volcanites. They also occur in geodes, granite and crystalline schist voids and in some ore veins.
Due to their unique properties, zeolites are used in various industries:
- Construction industry as an additive to cements and building mortars due to its pozzolanic properties
- as a feed additive of the anti-caking group, which also has the ability to bind mycotoxins
- as supplementary soils, improving the physical and mechanical properties of soils
- for the treatment of drinking water and as sorbents of sewage and air pollution
- as a universal neutralizer of odors and moisture in dwellings
- as a carrier of nutrients and trace elements in the production of fertilizers, and as a carrier of active substances such as pesticides
- as moisture and odor sorbents in refrigerators and closed warehouses
- as cartridges for filters and ponds
- as a substrate for hydroponic plant cultivation, as well as a drainage material in all types of grasslands and for absorbing pollutants from landfills and waste dumps
- as a material with hydroponic properties in lawn cultivation
- for neutralizing odors and moisture in animal bedding (have indirect bacteriostatic and fungistatic effects)
- as a decorative material for pots, for the construction of garden ponds, paths, etc.
- as a filler for the manufacture of structural elements
- for the treatment of drinking water.
- Basic mineral clinoptilolite > 80%,
- Dioxins : max 0.75 ng WHO-PCDD F-TEQ/kg product,
- Heavy metals : Pb – Max 30 ppm, Cd- Max 2.0 ppm,
- microbiological evaluation : Salmonella – 0%,
- exchange capacity 1.2-1.5 mol/kg,
- moisture content max.10 %,
- insoluble in water,
- color: gray-green,
- absorption: ammonia, bioamines,
- grain size: 0.5 -1.0 mm
- Spectral chemical analysis: SiO2 65.0 -72%, K2O 2.2- 3.4%, Na2O 0.2 -1.3%, Al2O3 11.5-13.5%, Fe2O3 0.7-1.9%, TiO2 0.1-0.3%, CaO 2.5 -5.5%, MgO 0.6 -1.2%.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Suitability for use: indefinitely
(When using proper storage conditions in original packaging without contact with moisture)